Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cleaning? Important? What?

      Today I wanted to focus on something that I personally had to discover for myself. I know that my parents have told me over and over again "keep your room clean!" And it would get to the point it was just annoying to hear it, but I have to say as I get older.. Mom and dad you are right. Now, let me explain how I have come to discover this amazing truth.

     When I grew up of course I felt that I knew everything that parents had to say and that I was all that and a bag of chips when really the reality is that I just was a teenager... 'Nuff said.
Now that I'm older and I have an apartment and a roommate we discovered quickly that mom and dad are not here and we needed to be the ones to step up our game as I remind you, I mean quickly. It started with small things, finger prints on the windows, dust is becoming visible, then the classic pushing the garbage in the can farther and farther so you don't have to take it out, the dishes, rugs look not normal, clothing pile is now a monster... I mean the list is continuous but I think you get the idea. But it's not just the things that are building inside the home, but the "monster" that grows inside your heart which everyone calls "Mr. Grumpy." You and your roommate start becoming a bit snippy at each other and then you don't want to be around them and all you want to do is leave your safe spot which is your home.

  My dear friends, it's by small and simple things that grows into great and spacious things. It starts with just leaving a napkin on a table to destruction later. My young adult advice to the world is to just take the napkin in it's rightful place, because that's when laziness starts to build inside.

   Something that I really love is a scripture that I found and it says..
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;"  Doctrine and Covenants 88:119
    
I love it so much because with these things, you feel a presence in your home of peace. A home of comfort, a home that people love coming into, a home that no one would ever want to leave. This is a house that is possible. Now, there are some parents out there with 2-12 children... I promise one day they will learn. I appluade you and the example that you set for your children, the kids may act like they don't hear you and roll there eyes and say something uneducated in there little minds but I PROMISE they do hear you and do remember ONE day that you are right.

   The feeling that I was expressing earlier is called the "Holy Ghost" which testifies the things that I say are true, it's a comforter, a protecter, a guide. This is the feeling that each individual seeks after in there lives. It's the best fuzz feeling in your soul, and it's a gift from our Heavenly Father. Everything that has been said here are things that Heavenly Father has asked of us, to be clean in both body, mind, and spirit, and our home. Our home is our protection, our safety. This is what he exclaims to the world, and this is what will help us build stronger relationships with those around us.

 Until Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment